Thursday, December 27, 2012

Each and Every Day

When he asked for her hand in marriage, he did not put a ring on her finger.
Rather, he picked a sunflower from his garden and placed it in her hand.
Her inquisitive glance was enough to make him say,
"I did not buy you a diamond ring, with the most karats and greatest shine,
simply because a circle represents eternity
and a ring on your finger declares you mine.
Instead I will pick you a sunflower each night for all of time.
No matter what day and what problems may arise,
there will be a moment where I have solely you in my mind.
So there is no precious gemstone to solidify our love
but instead my thoughts dedicated to the ever-present us,
and a sunflower that I can only hope you will take,
accepting that my love for you is a part of each and every day"

No comments:

Post a Comment